This page has moved to a new address.

 

              The Yummy Mummy Meme        

 
    Two of Everything: The Yummy Mummy Meme

Wednesday 20 June 2012

The Yummy Mummy Meme

Last week I tagged Emma from The Mini Mes and Me in the 'How and when do you find the time...' meme, and now she's tagged me back with this Yummy Mummy Meme.  It was started by Busy Bee Mummy Bex, and is about the 'Yummy' side of being a Mummy.  Oh dear.

Here we go.

What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Well, The Daddy goes in to the children to get them up and change their nappies at about 7.30.  I have the monitor next to my side of the bed and that's what wakes me up most mornings.  So usually the first thing I do when I wake up is try to remember what day it is, then try to work out whose nappy The Daddy is changing (he always does them in the same order!) so I know if I've got two minutes to wake up or ten!  I throw on some clothes and peel my eyes open to get my lenses in, then I'm straight on with Mummy duties, starting with making breakfast.   


Do you shower daily? Are you an early morning shower or evening bath type?
I either jump in the bath with the children at their bedtime, or get up early before they do so I can have a shower first thing.  


Do you wear make-up daily?
Erm...  That would be a no...  I put some on if I'm going somewhere there will be people I know, like twins group (!) but if I'm just going to the supermarket or the park I don't bother.  I'd rather have an extra 5 minutes in bed!  


What's in your make-up bag?
*sniggers* don't have one...


When you're having a slummy mummy day what do you normally wear?
I have a really cheap pair of jogging bottoms which are so comfy - but MASSIVE.  I've recently lost quite a bit of weight and they are falling off me!  Think I need some new ones, probably about 3 sizes smaller...  Having said that, we go out most days so this doesn't happen very often - I try to make a bit of an effort!



Nails - how often do you get them done?
Erm...never?  Maybe for weddings...  Before I had the children I taught 3 year olds so usually had my hands in sand/glue/paint and goodness knows what else, so not much point in getting my nails done! 


Your top tip for tired eyes?
Go to bed early!


Are you a Starbucks or a Costa Coffee kind of girl?

Costa - on the account that we don't have a Starbucks close by.  The Daddy is obsessed with his Costa cappuccinos and has to have one every weekend!


How many children do you have/want & why?
I have two - my twins.  The Daddy has two other children who are much older, and he will be 50 next year so he definitely doesn't want any more!

Where is your favourite place to shop for babies/children's clothes?
I love Mini Boden - lots of really interesting and unique clothes for little ones.  



My gorgeous twosome in their favourite Boden t-shirts
I also like Sainsbury's clothes - they have some lovely things at really good prices, and GAP jeans and shorts are fab.   
(See, this question I can do - the children's clothes are sooo much easier than my own!)

Flats or heels? Your everyday shoes are...?
Flats, every time.  Heels KILL me and I only ever manage about an hour with them, probably because I'm not used to them.  I can just about stretch to a wedge.  At the moment my everyday shoes are my Birkenstocks.  


I'm tagging:
Belfast Mummy

The Crumby Mummy
The Mummy Adventure
And I'm fairly convinced they're all far yummier than me!!


 
 
Please post the rules.
  • When answering the questions, give as much detail as possible. It’s all about the finer details, people!
  • Leave a comment on here (BusyBeeMummyBex BlogSpot.)
  • Tag three or more people and link to them on your blog.
  • Tweet #yummymummy when sharing on twitter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home