This page has moved to a new address.

 

              Does it ever get easier?        

 
    Two of Everything: Does it ever get easier?

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Does it ever get easier?

This morning as we left our twins club I watched my friend's 3 year old twin girls racing down the path, the handles of their reins bouncing on the back of their shoes as my friend shouted "slow down! Stop at the gate!"  They didn't stop at the gate, they just kept going.  It got me thinking: does parenting twins ever get easier?

I can remember spending the first 6 months of my Little People's lives wishing the time away, wanting it to get easier and to be honest, once weaning was well under way and they started to drop milk feeds, it did seem to.  Watching one mum this morning made me so grateful that those days have passed.  One of her little girls had slept through the night for the first time, but this meant she had effectively missed a feed and was so hungry she was beside herself.  As her mum tried in vain to get her to take her bottle I thanked my lucky stars that I don't have to deal with that any more.

I think it was when they started to move it got more difficult again.  All of a sudden the house had to be babyproofed to within an inch of its life and stairgates put up to stop babies straying to places where they shouldn't go.  People would suggest tying them together, then at least they would either go in the same direction or stay still.   Hilarious.  One of the many Hilarious Things People Say About Twins (top of the list being "ooh, double trouble" - yeah, like I haven't heard that one before).

This morning as we came out of the children's centre my two headed in different directions, neither towards the waiting pushchair (and I wondered whether this was the point at which to tie them together).  This is a new one for me, as Little Miss has only just decided that walking is quite good, actually.  So this is the latest challenge they have brought for me, and as I watched my friend go chasing after her girls I thought no, it doesn't get easier, it just changes.


2 Comments:

At 5 June 2012 at 21:58 , Blogger Unknown said...

Yup, you summed it up nicely! It just changes... there's always a new challenge around the corner! x

 
At 5 June 2012 at 22:26 , Blogger Two of Everything said...

Oh yikes...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home